Bout of Books 13: Wrap Up


Day 6 Update:
Pages Read: 4
Total Books Finished: 2
Total Pages Read: 275

I discovered that Saturdays weren't too great for reading. There was sleeping-in to be done, followed by cooking up a hearty brunch, some chores to be dusted out of the way, birthdays to be celebrated and partying all night to be expected. My ultimate confession is that 3 out of the 4 pages read today were after a few shots of vodka (please drink responsibly).

Day 7 Update:
Pages Read: 144
Total Books Finished: 3
Total Pages Read: 419

So how does it feel to have completed my first read-a-thon? A delightful mix of pride and exhaustion.

I didn't quite reach my goal of finishing all four books but I'm still rather pleased with myself. I was born a slow reader, throw in the usual work and life demands, and I'll be happy with finishing a book a month. So to have powered through 3 books in a week is some small miracle. I'd like to thank everyone who has made this possible: the tireless Bout of Books organizers, the warm and welcoming book-loving community on the internet (especially those that took the time to visit here and on instagram and leave such incredibly encouraging comments), my local library who've generously let me renew these books more than once, and of course my loving family for putting up with my reading induced trance over the past week. I love you all. Thank you and goodnight.

kasey

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment