BOUT OF BOOKS 13: DAY 1

I really can't think of a better way to start my very first venture into bookblogging than jumping headfirst into a week-long read-a-thon. So, a little about what I've gotten myself into:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I'm hoping this will give me just the right amount of push to finish off the pile of books that have been collecting dust on my desk for the past two months:

As Stars Fall - Christie Nieman
Sexing the Cherry - Jeanette Winterson
The Passion - Jeanette Winterson
The Children's Bach - Helen Garner

Day 1 Progress:
Pages Read: 20 of As Stars Fall - Christie Nieman
Total Books Finished: 0
Total Pages Read: 20

Bookish Survey Challenge, hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale 

1. How do you organize your shelves?
I'd like to say that I have beautiful rainbow shelves but the truth is I don't organize my books. Currently they just sit in whatever random order I've returned the book to the shelf, but I'm hoping to give them more order one day (a girl's allowed to dream).

2. What is one of your favourite books that’s not in one of your favourite genres?
I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi but Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card just sucked me right in. It was one of those books that you just can't put down until you've reached the last page.

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
I'm most excited to finish both the Jeanette Winterson books because her writing is so beautifully poetic and emotionally rousing.

5. What book do you recommend the most?
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Never has suffering been so full of humour.


kasey

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome to the world of book blogging! Nineteen Eighty-four - a great book :)

    ReplyDelete